See how you can use Liveminds to explore market conditions and identify the opportunities and challenges for your brand.
The role of online qual
- To explore people’s perceptions of different chocolate brands in the market.
- Understanding how they map the market in order to identify the biggest opportunities for differentiating brand x.
How it works
- Build an online micro community of 30 participants who meet your required recruitment spec.
- Engage your community by starting off with ‘ice breaker’ questions and tasks. Encourage members to communicate with each other and share relevant stories, experiences.
- Use a combination of ‘private’,‘group’ and ‘open’ questions throughout the community.
- In a one-on-one question, ask them to list the chocolate brands that are most front-of-mind
- Ask them why they chose each brand, what image they have of them, who they imagine their typical users to be
- Present members with a list of chocolate brand logos and ask them to group the brands across any dimensions they choose
What you get
- A framework for understanding the competitive context in the market
- A consumer generated map of the competition, outlining the key dimensions against which brands can be plotted
- An overview that reveals the differentiating spaces that brand x could potentially own and operate in
Why it Works
- Have your target audience available to you at a click of a button, for a prolonged period of time and for a fraction of the cost of more traditional methods.
- Because the community runs for 3 months +’real relationships’ are built with consumers, meaning you really begin to understand your community members.
- Gather insight through media such as pictures, videos and sound files.
- Provide your clients with 24/7 access so that they can observe the research as it unfolds in front of them.