See how you can use Liveminds to really understand what people think about and how they use products in your market.
The role of online qual
- To understand how people think and feel about brands and how they consume them
How it works
- Recruit people in the market for chocolate
- Ask them to complete an online diary on how they consume food throughout the day.
- The task is to describe in as vivid terms possible, what they would most like to eat at each particular moment and then what they actually do eat (and why).
- Ask participants to be creative and upload picture, videos or sound files to bring to life their diary posts. This an additional level of insight and also works to bring to life the project debrief.
What you get
- How rational and emotional factors influence what people eat and their significance to brand preference
- Can inform media and creative strategies in order to maximise engagement
Why it Works
- Allows the consumer to keep track of what they think, feel and do ‘in the moment’ e.g. at their desk at work or on their journey at home, rather than relying on retrospective accounts in a traditional face to face setting alone
- Also enhances the value of subsequent face to face research, by priming people and helping them introspect