LIVEMINDS LIMITED (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms & conditions at www.liveminds.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.pdf and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is LIVEMINDS LIMITED of Hub Kings Cross, 34B York Way, London, N1 9AB.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.liveminds.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site.
- Information about you, that we gather through your participation in market research including, but not limited to, questions, blogs, diaries, journals, interviews, videodiaries, videosurveys, videodiary blogs through software accessible at liveminds.co.uk.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to improve our services. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- As part of market research projects that we are involved in.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We or our clients may from time to time contact you with details of future projects that you may like to participate in, project invitations or project participation reminders.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where it is necessary to do so in conjunction with market research that we are conducting for a client in which case we will pass your personal data to our client or, where that client is acting as an agency, to that agency’s eventual client or the purposes of that market research.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to your information
It is important to us that your information is kept up to date and correct. It is also important that we delete your information if you no longer wish to use our service or participate in market research that we run from time to time, including, but not limited to questions, blogs, diaries, journals, interviews, videodiaries, videosurveys, videodiary blogs through software accessible at liveminds.co.uk. If there are any changes to your information or if you would like to delete your details then please contact us at email@example.com